Military and Strategic Journal
Issued by the Directorate of Morale Guidance at the General Command of the Armed Forces
United Arab Emirates
Founded in August 1971

2019-12-01

Boeing, Embraer Announce Arrival of C-390 Millennium

Boeing and Embraer announced the launch of a joint venture (JV) to produce the multi-role airlifter C-390 Millennium yesterday. The JV named Boeing Embraer - Defense, will be operational after it receives regulatory approvals and fulfils the necessary terms and conditions. The UAE Ministry of Defense has encouraged the two companies to announce their partnerships through the Dubai Airshow due to its significance at the regional and international levels as an important platform for defence systems manufacturers and international aviation companies regionally and globally.
 
“Boeing Embraer – Defense will build on our companies’ history of collaboration across commercial and defence aerospace to unlock significant value in the state-of-the-art C-390 Millennium as it enters service and leads the next generation of airlift and air mobility aircraft,” said Marc Allen, Boeing’s president of Embraer Partnership and Group Operations. 
 
The C-390 Millennium is a tactical transport aircraft designed to set new standards in its category, while presenting the lowest life-cycle cost. The aircraft brings airlift and air mobility into the jet age with increased mobility, rugged design, higher flexibility, proven technology and easier, more efficient maintenance. The C-390 Millennium can perform a variety of missions, such as aerial refuelling, cargo and troop transport, search and rescue, aerial firefighting and humanitarian missions. 
 
“The JV represents a partnership that will strengthen the global competitiveness of this aircraft and broaden the target markets, generating greater value for the C-390 programme to offer the best for our future customers,” said Jackson Schneider, President and CEO, Embraer Defense & Security.
 
Embraer will have 51 per cent ownership of Boeing Embraer – Defense JV, with Boeing holding the remaining 49 per cent. The C-390 Millennium partnership is one of two planned joint ventures between the companies. Boeing Brazil – Commercial will be a JV comprising the commercial aviation operations of Embraer, with 80 per cent owned by Boeing and 20 per cent owned by Embraer. Both remain subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions. The companies expect their transaction to close in early 2020. 

Add Comment

Your comment was successfully added!

Visitors Comments

No Comments

Related Topics

Providing Real Time, Critical Flight Information

Read More

Insitu, new commercial bridges with INEXA

Read More

EDCC: An Excellent Platform For UAE Companies

Read More

KNOWLEDGE POINT Adds a New Dimension to Knowledge Transfer

Read More

Tawazun & French DGA
Establish Committee for Strategic Technology Development

Read More

Sudan Defense Minister: The UAE has contributed significantly to regional stability

Read More
Close

2020-10-08 Current issue
Pervious issues
2017-05-13
2014-03-16
2012-01-01
2014-01-01
2020-07-07
2020-07-05
2020-07-05
2020-07-05
.

Voting

?What about new design for our website

  • Excellent
  • Very Good
  • Good
Voting Number 1647